I’m a big believer in cycles and connections. Not the 6 degrees of separation kind, but overall, in the grand scheme.
I have my own top 5 reasons for buying local and supporting small business, but I also think you should read Sustainable Connections because I feel what they have to say is equally important.
- Money stays in the community
- I’m not feeding the cycle of low wages, big corporations, over-paid CEOs
- I know the people I’m buying from or I can get to know them and their business
- Products are often produced/grown in countries without human rights abuses, many often made in America
- Creates more jobs, which starts the cycle over at #1 where the money stays in the community.
Today my blog stop is Life & Lies of an Inanimate Flying Object